Sunday, November 21, 2010

Help, my keyboard has changed settings somehow?

I%26#039;m not sure what combination of keys I have pressed but now whenever I try to type on my laptop keyboard it seems to be typing numbers rather than letters ... over these keys there are also numbers in blue - which before you had to press the Fn button to get these numbers?





Does anyone know how to take it off so I can type normally rather than having to press Fn to get my letters back?|||You have managed to press the Fn key and the Num Lock button and this is why you are getting numbers instead of letters in a few places on your keyboard.


The Num Lock status light is most likely %26quot;on%26quot; on your laptop so just press the Fn button and the Num Lock key again and the light should go off.|||As I said.

Report Abuse


|||Hi JB.





Laptops have an option to allow the blue numbered keys to act like the number pad on a PC keyboard.





On my laptop, F11 starts the numLock - try FN +F11 to put it back. (may differ on other models/makes)





All the best.