Thursday, June 2, 2011

Windows XP, how to change the default drag and drop settings?

I have windows XP on my computer and I just had it formatted. I used to be able to drag and drop icons and it would simply move them to the new folder. Now it seems like the default setting is to copy. I tried googling this but all I get is how to change the option with the keyboard/mouse. I want to change this setting permanently because I move a lot of files.



Thank you!!Windows XP, how to change the default drag and drop settings?You can save yourself a lot of aggravation with a couple of mouse clicks.



click to select a file to copy.

Control+click any others

right-click

cut

click down wherever you want to move the files

right-click

paste



The default %26quot;copy%26quot; is for your protection. It's a good idea to leave it this way. It's easier to delete later than it is to try to recover.