Thursday, June 2, 2011

Problem with shift key?

When i am on the internet and i press the shift key on my laptop it asks if i want to turn on to standy by i have changed the keyboard settings and turned the sticky keys off. I have cleaned the keyboard as well and there was no dirt etc there



Does anyone know how to stop this happening?



(my laptop is toshiba if that helps)Problem with shift key?If this is windows XP try Start%26gt;control panel%26gt;keyboard%26gt;restore defaults.



GL :-)Problem with shift key?Assuming you are on Windows XP check the following. Go to Power Options and poke around in there for keyboard shortcuts. It sounds like the shift key got assigned to standby.



I don't currently have Windows XP installed, but if I remember correctly, you can get to power options by going to your screen saver settings.