Thursday, June 2, 2011

What's wrong with my keyboard settings?

After reinstalling windows my keyboard config got messed up. Basically, when I press the ' button, nothing will appear until I have pressed the next key. It will then determine whether to place an apostrophe or an accent. For example, pressing ' and then E makes a 茅 letter. This is a pain, I'd prefer for the apostrophe and speech marks to appear after just one press. How do I change this?What%26#039;s wrong with my keyboard settings?Check this first,



Control Panel Regional %26amp; Languages On the first page at the top change the drop down to English (UK) At the bottom change the Location to United Kingdom Advanced Change that drop down to English (United Kingdom) Apply and OK



It looks like you may have selected the wrong version of English language. There are 13 of them.



Have you got a UK keyboard? In other words has it got an Alt Gr key on it to the right of the Space Bar?



Because Alt Gr will give you an accent over the vowels 谩, 茅, 铆, 贸, 煤.What%26#039;s wrong with my keyboard settings?Hi,assuming you are using Windows XP



Go to Control Panel%26gt;Regional %26amp; Language Settings



Select English US as language and from top 3rd tab select keyboard language.Make sure it is US and not any other.



Hop this solves your problem.What%26#039;s wrong with my keyboard settings?You may check from below which language and local selections you may do through windows control panel - langulage and regional options.