Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I switch to romaji -> kana conversion instead of using Japanese Keyboard settings?

I'm using Windows XP, using Microsoft IME Standard 2002 and Microsoft Natural Input 2002. I used to have these extra buttons on my language bar that allowed me to switch between different input modes (hiragana, full/half-width katakana, full/half-width alphanumeric), but for some reason, those buttons are no longer there. The only way to enter Japanese text without using an external program now is to click the 'kana' button, in which case it just acts like I have a Japanese keyboard (with every key becoming kana directly, with QWERTY becoming ??????). This is rather annoying, as I don't have a Japanse keyboard, nor do I know the Japanese keyboard layout. Can someone help me change the input mode back to what it was (just typing romaji characters which are converted to kana depending on the chosen input mode)?How do I switch to romaji -%26gt; kana conversion instead of using Japanese Keyboard settings?Go to



start %26gt;%26gt; settings %26gt;%26gt; control panel %26gt;%26gt; regional options and language %26gt;%26gt; change what you want %26gt;%26gt; apply %26gt;%26gt; ok