Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I keep the keyboard from reinstalling itself?

I bought this USB keyboard and it installed. I unplugged it, uninstalled it through the control panel but it kept reinstalling itself and asked me restart to complete installation.



My touchpad doesn't work in a few areas now and like the right drag to scroll. I just want the USB keyboard uninstalled permanently.



What I did: (Vista)



Typed %26quot;keyboard%26quot; in the search box, choose %26quot;Keyboard%26quot;, choose %26quot;Hardware%26quot; tab, it shows %26quot;Standard PS/2 Keyboard%26quot;, Clicked %26quot;Properties%26quot;, Clicked %26quot;Change settings%26quot; and Uninstalled it in the %26quot;Driver%26quot; tab. And it KEEPS COMING BACK!!How can I keep the keyboard from reinstalling itself?Unplug the keyboard.How can I keep the keyboard from reinstalling itself?You cannot uninstall the keyboard permanently in Macintosh's. In Vista, it even doesn't have the 'Disable' option available.

However the keyboard drivers should not cause problems for you.