Thursday, June 2, 2011

I held down the shift key too long ?

I held down the shift key on my keyboard too long and it it seems to have changed my keyboard settings I cant remember how to change it back I cannot do full stops etc any one know how to change it backI held down the shift key too long ?Holding down the shift key for 8 seconds causes Windows to switch on filter keys

If you find that you get a '%26gt;' when you type a '.' then hold the right shift key down for another 8 seconds, hit 'cancel' then hit the left shift key twice.

I've tried it on my laptop, and it works for me!



hope it does for you too!I held down the shift key too long ?restart your p.cI held down the shift key too long ?yeah this is called sticky fingers lolI held down the shift key too long ?try clicking your shift key 5 times and then click settings on tiny screen that pops up. then click ok..should reset it ..its called sticky keys. its for using shift key with only 1 hand.







yw...glad you could sort it out. although i think emma_jeans advice probably worked out better for you i was happy to help.I held down the shift key too long ?You might need to write this down or copy as this problem might happen again:

What happened to you is known as sticky keys and the best way to undo this is go-to %26quot;Control Panel%26quot; then open Accessibility Option, then just uncheck the Sticky Keys Box after that click OK, close Control Panel, good luck