Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My computer is detecting an external mouse even when there isn't one plugged in, how do I fix it?

I have and external usb mouse for my laptop. I like the touchpad disabled when I use the mouse, so I checked the option to disable the touchpad only when an external mouse is detected. But, when the mouse is unplugged, the touchpad still won't work. Also, I can't re-enable the touchpad by keyboard, because once I get to the mouse settings in the control panel, it asks me to click in order to change the touchpad settings.My computer is detecting an external mouse even when there isn%26#039;t one plugged in, how do I fix it?You'll probably need to make the changes with the mouse attached, remove the mouse and then restart the machine to let the changes take effect.