Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Help me!!! modify upper filter for keyboard back to factory settings? Keyboard doesn't work!?

ok, so I was/am having trouble with itunes and they emailed me a couple things I needed to change on my computer soooo I will walk you through what I did and pray someone can help me!!!

I went to the start up menu, advanced search for regedit, right click and open regedit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then go to System, then Control Set, then Control, then Class, click on 4D36E96B, right click on upper filter, click modify, then cut the number or code and replace it with another code... Ok so now my keyboard does not work and I need someone with a Dell to tell me what the code was before I changed it!!! My Dad has an HP and when I go through all those steps his code is kbdclass, so I know it is something that simple and if I had the right code I know how to fix it! FYI the code on my dads computer did not work when put into my computer:( So now not only is itunes not fixed, I'm also having to use my Dad's computer now:( If anyone cares to try to help me, please follow the steps above without cutting your code or we will be in the same boat! Then just email me your code please!!! Thanks to anyone that can help:)Help me!!! modify upper filter for keyboard back to factory settings? Keyboard doesn%26#039;t work!?open control panel go to system click device manager find key board click the box right click the key board go to properties click restore to default and stay out of the registry other wise you may have to reinstall your keyboard software hope this works as all codes will be diffrent based on system config. or try a system restore go back to a date before you messed with the regisrty and click restore........ hope this helpsHelp me!!! modify upper filter for keyboard back to factory settings? Keyboard doesn%26#039;t work!?I assume your computer is off right now.

If not Power Down.



Unplug your cable [I assume it is USB]

Plug it back in.

Power up your machine



Did this work?



Try reverting to a previous time



Oh - is this a PC or Laptop / Notebook?