Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to set up the Universal Wireless Keyboard for Palm TX ?

The universal wireless keyboard I bought for my Palm TX pda is not working. I reinstalled the software, changed the batteries, reset the settings, all to no avail. Anyone have an idea of how to get it to work?How to set up the Universal Wireless Keyboard for Palm TX ?Download utility freeware IR Monitor here:



http://www.freewarepalm.com/communicatio鈥?/a>



Download and run, test the Palm TX's IR beacon using a TV, VCR, etc remote.



Then point the keyboard IR beacon at the TX and see if there is IR signal. If not try fiddling with the battery contacts on the IR keyboard. My IR keyboard was intermittant until I tweaked the battery contacts for a more positive connection.



When it all works, optimize the beacon position for best keyboard response in both portrait and landscape modes on the TX.



Good luck.