Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I plugged a keyboard (via a USB) into my Vaio laptop, but it wont use the new keyboard. Do I have to change?

the settings? If so, how? I want to do this because I use my laptop all day, but would prefer to use it via a bigger keyboard/screen.I plugged a keyboard (via a USB) into my Vaio laptop, but it wont use the new keyboard. Do I have to change?You need to disable the onboard keyboard from the CMOS setup . Install the manufacturer cd of the keyboard if any .I plugged a keyboard (via a USB) into my Vaio laptop, but it wont use the new keyboard. Do I have to change?Do you get lights on the keyboard? If you do then it means it is powered and should be working. Windows will happily have multiple mice and keyboards connected to a single computer so you shouldnt have to disable anything. Do you have another computer you can try the keyboard on to check it is working and also another USB keyboard to test with your laptop. If so, try all combinations and see if you can deduce anything from this. Good luckI plugged a keyboard (via a USB) into my Vaio laptop, but it wont use the new keyboard. Do I have to change?my partner is a laptop engineer and we have a sony vaio laptop and he says you just cant attach an external keyboard.its not set up to take one.our keyboard is damaged so we unfortunately have to buy another one.