Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I close laptop when using external monitor w/o it sleeping.?

I have a windows 7 compaq laptop that I've hooked up to my big monitor for home use. I changed the settings to use external monitor only and the screen turns off, but it sleeps if you close it. Do I really need to leave it open? That seems like a simple thing to neglect in windows 7. I even plugged in my wireless keyboard and mouse to wake it up while closed because someone suggested that but it doesn't work. Any ideas?How do I close laptop when using external monitor w/o it sleeping.?Open the Start Menu, select Control Panel. Look for Power Settings or Power Management [I've not used Windows 7]. There should be an option where you can select from a drop down menu how you want the computer to react when you close the lid, press the sleep button, and press the power button.How do I close laptop when using external monitor w/o it sleeping.?Turn off the option to go to sleep when you close the lid?